Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Living in a dorm

Living on campus has been an overall good experience; however, there have been some issues too. I like living in the dorms because I get to live close to people I know, and I can visit when I want. The first thing I hate about living in the dorms is how dirty the showers are. Most of the girls on my floor have long hair, and it always ends up in the showers on the floors and walls. They never pick up their hair! That's why my favorite shower flooded once.  :(  Also, the girls are icky because they use the restroom, and just walk out without washing their hands! Another horrible thing about living in the dorms is that we have to pay to do laundry. Every time I do laundry for me and my boyfriend I spend $15 or more, which is way too much because I wash pretty often. The worst thing of all is my neighbor. One of the girls that lives next to me always has a horrible odor. She stinks so bad that she funks up the entire hallway sometimes. I do not understand why her friends refuse to tell her that she smells bad. I would tell her, but I'm not really friends with her and I'm not sure how to tell her nicely. It would be different if I was her friend; it would be much easier to tell her without hurting her feelings too bad. I asked my mother and godmother how to tell her and they both said just pull her to the side and tell her, but that's not easy for me. I believe she smells so bad because she is extremely overweight, so she does not take showers as often nor as well. I often see her in the same clothes for 3 days or more; it's just terrible. I hope someone tells her soon because I don't know how much longer I can bare the stench before I have to hurt her feelings. I do understand that she is so obese that she can barely walk, let alone stand in the shower, but she's got to do something. Anyways I do like living in the dorms regardless of all the bad things, especially since my roommate never showed up and I have a double room all to myself.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a frustrating situation with your neighbor! Hope it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I guess that's why I like Humes..we have our own personal showers!

    ReplyDelete