Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's Complicated...?

Well there's good news and there's bad news... Which would you like to hear 1st? I usually go for the bad news 1st and then the good news, so then the bad news won't be as bad... anyways that's enough of this useless introduction to today's blog...

Good News:
I found my half brother that my father had told me about all his life until he died.
How did I find him after all this time? Facebook!!! It's a lifesaver!
Ever since I messaged him on facebook and he gave me his number, we've been texting everyday .
I have never seen him before, well I have but I was like 1, anyways he said that if I come to Memphis for spring break instead of going to Panama I can see him and we can hang out!!!
I really want to go to Panama though...
Panama has beaches and warm weather.
Memphis has my long lost brother.
I think I might have to wait until the semester is over to visit him.  :)

Bad News:
He does not think that my father is his real father.
He says my father just took him in until he was adopted by his grandmother and "it's complicated..."

Quick Summary:
I found my brother on Facebook and I am really excited to meet him!

Well, on to another subject I guess...

I have started a diet!
My aunt has promised me cash money if I can lose 20 pounds by Easter.
My diet consists of:
  1. No drinks; water and juice only
  2. No eating after 9 pm
  3. No candy
  4. hopefully Zumba every Sunday
  5. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator most of the time  :)
  6. At least one fruit/ vegetable a day I hate healthy food  :(
Hopefully this is enough to help me lose the pounds... I actually had stopped drinking drinks like 3 weeks ago, but I think I should include it on here anyways because it really does make u lose a little weight- trust me I've stopped before and as soon as I had a relapse I gained all the weight I lost back...

4 comments:

  1. Follow your heart when it comes your family because family is everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to visit your brother! Oh and I do Jillian Michaels dvds! They are fun and good exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you found your brother! It's incredible what social networking can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really excited to meet my half brother for the first time. It almost seems like a lost and found fairytale. I hope you do good on your diet too, health food can be tasty if you make it!

    ReplyDelete